5 day-to-day Habits That Threatens Your Health
Do you know you could be threatening your health when you get addicted to some bad habits? You could be doing more harm than good to yourself when you constantly find yours
On a daily level, there are certain habits and things you do that cause a threat to the overall body system. Often times, these things are done consciously and some other times, unconsciously. Either ways, they should be curbed right on time.
We have been able to come up with these major day-day habits that threatens your health.
- SLEEP DEPRIVATION: Many people find it difficult getting adequate sleep. The average human is expected to get like 8 hours of sleep daily. This helps to balance the whole system. lack of adequate sleep causes the immune system to break down. impairs proper functioning and automatically causes fatigue. Ensure you sleep early to ensure maximum rest period.
- INADEQUATE WATER INTAKE: People eat frequently but find it difficult consuming enough water. The importance of water can not be overemphasized. This is why the Doctors advise we take a glass cup of water first thing in the morning and last thing at night. When dehydrated, it causes tiredness which leads to headache. Water aids digestion and helps to boost the immune system. Inadequate water intake causes dryness of the skin. Drinking enough water helps the brain and kidney function properly. Ensure you drink more than 2 cups of water in 2 hours.
- CONSTANT USE OF HEADPHONES/EARPHONES: Many people are so addicted to sound that it is almost impossible to do anything without the ears plugged. It’s cool and all to listen to music, as it keeps you entertained, but when the use becomes too much, it is dangerous to your health. It causes addiction, accident if not loss of life, causes vertigo due to constant exposure to loud music. There should be a check in the use of headphones.
- EATING HABITS: Poor eating habits could range from nutrient deficiency, wrong eating timing, over feeding and so on. Many people, particularly those involved in 9-5 job often eat plenty of food, but the food is often packaged foods that have been stripped of their nutrients. Also, excess intake of fats could cause obesity thereby increase your blood pressure as well as your cholesterol and triglyceride levels. The body needs to stay healthy, so it is important to take foods that are rich in contents and beneficial to the body.
- GENERAL LIFESTYLE THREAT: This involves things you can actually work on through constant practice. They are habits that are formed as a result of how we feel. Habits like overthinking does more harm than good to the body. It increases the heart beat rate which could lead to stroke. Also, smoking and excessive intake of alcohols damages the liver if not checked. Your wrong sitting posture has a way of affecting the muscles if over stretched. Constantly staring at the screen of your phone and computer is bad for the sight and also causes headache. It is important to manage and take your health with all seriousness. Some of things you do daily may seem normal and unimportant to you, but they are the things that causes threat to your health. Constantly do a check on your lifestyle and work towards having a positive and health life.