Simple But Amazing Smoothie Recipies.
1. Use Almond milk or Unsweetened yogurt as a base. 1 cup or less, should suffice. In the absence of these, you might start your smoothie process with the most juicy fruits like watermelon, pineapple. Lukewarm water can also be used as a base.
2. There must be vegetable(s) present. “A smoothie that is all fruit is an unbalanced mini-meal,” says Anna Taylor, MS, RD, LD.
3. Did you know that the sweeter a smoothie is, the higher its calorie content. Go down on sugary fruits but add more veggies especially ‘the greens’ – spinach, kale, lettuce, celery, broccoli etc. They’re also bursting with fiber, folate, and phytonutrients like carotenoids, saponins and flavonoids. All veggies help support a healthy weight, keep bowel movements regular, fight inflammation and decrease the risk of chronic diseases.
4. Smoothies are better on empty tummy, so it is best as breakfast! That way, they will not ferment but be thoroughly digested and absorbed!
5. Do not add sugar or any artificial sweetener! Instead use sweet fruits to sweeten your smoothie (Banana, apple, pineapples etc). You want a very sweet smoothie, go for dates instead of sugar!
6. A handful of nuts makes your smoothie super complete; garnishing it with an awesome flavor, as well as good fats (Omega-3). (Wall nut, Almond nuts, Peanuts etc). Be careful with nuts as they contain oil which makes them calorie dense. 1 handful should suffice.
7. Usually, smoothies are packed with fibers, however, for extra fiber, you might add a teaspoonful of seeds- Chia seeds, Hemp seeds, Flax seed, etc.
8. Add a healthy fat – Coconut, Avocado, Nuts. However, go easy on fats as they are calorie dense and can easily increase the calorie content of your smoothie.
9. You can add spices if you love them – Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric, Cloves etc.
10. You must not exhaust all the above tips, however, some are a crucial combo.
11. The fruits per smoothie serving must not be more than 200g of any fruit combination.
Now, let’s get to the some recipe options proper!
- cup of Almond milk + water melon + 1 handful of Lettuce/Spinach + 1/2 a cucumber + 1 green apple + 1/4 of Avocado + 1 banana.
- Watermelon + 1 handful of lettuce + 1/2 avocado + 1 English pear + 1 cup pineapple.
- Pineapple + 1 handful of celery/spinach + 1 green apple + 1/4 avocado
- 1 cup of almond + 2 strawberries + 1/2 beetroot + 1 banana + 1/2 cucumber + 1 teaspoon of Chia seeds.
- GREEN SMOOTHIE (For detox) – 2 handful of spinach/lettuce + 1 cucumber + 1 green apple + 1 English pear + 1/2 Avocado; might also add